Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Awake Autumn!

Of the things I've dreaded moving to D.C. (and there are few) the cold is the most intimidating. I thought the crowds would get me, but people actually flow pretty well. Sitting in traffic isn't nearly as stressful with the woman I love beside me. The metro has been surprisingly accessible. The dogs get along great. So, back to that cold weather.

I'm thinking 17 years in the sunbelt has thawed my blood too thin for the cold, then a cool snap hits. Don't get me wrong, I know 40s and 50s sounds cozy to some folks right now, but the cold has slowed me down several times. I dreaded the cold, but being outside today has been nice. There's something about summer that just makes me lethargic. Autumn wakes me up. Maybe it's the colors on the Sunday drive to church. Maybe it's the cool air that bites a little when I get out. Maybe it's this transition into a new life.

No comments: